The following are open to the public:
- Monday Vets: 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Veterans Administration Hospital - Activity Center (Building 137). Veterans welcome.
- Monday Beginners & Novices: 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Tuscaloosa Public Library (2nd floor). Beginner and Novice classes for adults and children.
- Wednesday Seniors: 10:00 a.m. - Noon
FOCUS on Senior Citizens. Lessons for adults age 50+; younger adults by invitation or appointment.
- Wednesday Chess Class 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Lessons for those who already know the chess basics; includes Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced players of all ages. Location: Tuscaloosa Public Library, second floor.
Informal Tuscaloosa Chess Play
- Saturday: Play chess and participate in a brief organizational meeting to plan ongoing summer play. Time: 10:00 a.m. May 25 on the 2nd floor of the Tuscaloosa Public Library. Future dates, times, and locations will be based on the results of the meeting. Bring your chess set to play after the meeting.
- Other: Thinking of starting your own chess club in the Tuscaloosa area? Email us about getting your meeting times listed here.
Daily Chess Problem
Summer Chess Programs
Tuscaloosa, Ala. - New classes for beginners start Monday, June 3. Classes for novices and experienced players start Wednesday, May 29. Classes are held in the Rotary Room at the Tuscaloosa Public Library. See the schedule on the left for times and other details.
Plans for Saturday chess activities during the summer are also being planned. Check back here on or after Thursday May 23 for details.